Best Regional Event (Virtual, Live or Hybrid)
Recognising an event that makes a special contribution to a region or community outside of a major population centre.
Eligibility Period 2021
July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021
Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The event that is the subject of the entry must have taken place wholly between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 or, in the case that part of the event falls inside and part outside of these dates, the entrant must contact The Event Awards for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- The event must have been principally organised by people who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- The event that is the subject of the entry is either a live or hybrid event which has taken place in a local government area (or areas) that fall outside of the Urban Capital City (UCC) or Urban Metropolitan Developed (UDS, UDM, UDL or UDV) classifications as defined by the Australian Classification of Local Governments with an audience attendance at the physical event; or a broadcast (including online) event which was created, managed, packaged for broadcast (including online) and the broadcast (including online) was initiated in a local government area (or areas) that fall outside of the Urban Capital City (UCC) or Urban Metropolitan Developed (UDS, UDM, UDL or UDV) classifications as defined by the Australian Classification of Local Governments. (For the avoidance of doubt, international broadcast platform suppliers can be used, but the broadcast must have been initiated in Australia).
To determine whether your event is eligible, please refer to the list of excluded LGAs at www.eventawards.com.au/excluded-lgas
- The entrant must be either:
- The owner of the event or events to which the entry relates;
- A product or service provider to the event or events to which the entry relates with permission of the event owner to nominate the event for an Australian Event Award
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2021
- Quality of the Event (60%)
- Management Processes (20%)
- Degree of Difficulty (10%)
- Evidence to Support Claims (10%)
Start your Entry