Best Regional Event
Recognising an event that makes an outstanding contribution to a region or community outside of a major population centre.
Eligibility Period 2023
July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023
Eligibility Criteria 2023
- The event must have taken place wholly between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 or, in the case that part of the event falls inside and part outside of these dates, the entrant must contact The Event Awards for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- The event is either a live or hybrid event which has taken place in a local government area (or areas) that is not in the list of excluded LGA’s, with an audience attendance at the physical event; or a broadcast (including online) event which was created, managed, packaged and initiated in a local government area (or areas) that is not in the list of excluded LGA’s. (For the avoidance of doubt, international broadcast platform suppliers can be used, but the broadcast must have been initiated in Australia).
To determine whether your event is eligible, please refer to the list of excluded LGAs at www.eventawards.com.au/excluded-lgas
- The event must have been principally organised by people who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- The entrant must be either:
- The owner of the event or events; OR
- A product or service provider to the event or events with permission of the event owner to enter the event for an Australian Event Award
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2023
- Quality of the Achievement (80%)
- Degree of Difficulty (10%)
- Evidence to Support Claims (10%)
Who Should Enter This Category
- Any events staged in a non-metropolitan area
- Can be any type of event including sporting, festival, cultural, exhibition, etc
Access Entry Portal