Terms and Conditions
Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd ABN 85 154 434 358 (“The Event Awards”) is the owner of the Australian Event Awards, the Australian Event Awards Ceremony and the Australian Event Symposium.
The Event Awards offers the following products for sale:
- Tickets or Registrations (“Tickets”) which grant access to various educational and/or entertainment events (“Events”) by The Event Awards to any purchaser (“Purchaser”) in exchange for a fee (“Ticket Fee”).
- Entry into the Australian Event Awards (“Entries”) in exchange for a fee (“Entry Fee”)
The Terms and Conditions that govern the sale of Tickets and Entries are as follows:
General Conditions, Jurisdiction and Changes to the Conditions
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions for the Purchase of Tickets
Purchasing a Ticket
- Tickets must be purchased online at www.eventawards.com.au. All fees and charges are displayed on this website.
- Purchasers may indicate an intention to purchase Tickets by creating an online Booking. Invoices for Bookings can be issued for subsequent payment but Tickets are not reserved and will not be issued until payment has been made in full.
- To be eligible for any early bird discount, Tickets must be paid for in full on or before the advertised Early Bird Date. Bookings that are not paid in full by this date will be converted to the standard rate and the standard rate shown on the invoice will be owing.
- All payments should be made to ‘Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd’. For payments made by credit card, ‘Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd’ will appear on the credit card statement.
- Tickets will be issued by mail to the mailing address or by email to the email address provided.
- Generally, lost or stolen Tickets cannot be replaced.
- Tickets do not include insurance of any kind.
- Unless the Purchaser notifies The Event Awards in writing, the Purchaser agrees that The Event Awards may provide their contact details to sponsors and partners of The Event Awards and/or the Purchaser’s respective State Government
Change or Cancellation by The Event Awards
- The Event Awards reserves the right to cancel a Ticket and/or Packages without giving reasons at any time by refunding the full Ticket Fee.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute presenters or artists and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of The Event Awards to alter the times, dates, itineraries or speakers of the Events by notice to the Purchaser at any time. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Events, the maximum liability of The Event Awards is limited to a refund of the Ticket Fee and/or Package Fee with no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other costs or expenses whatsoever.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation or postponement of the Events due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The Event Awards including but not limited to, acts of terrorism, war, acts of God and natural disaster, The Event Awards cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expense which may be incurred as a consequence of the event being postponed or cancelled.
- It is strongly recommended that Purchasers take out insurance at the time of purchase to include any eventuality including but not limited to loss of fees through cancellation of the ticket holder’s participation in the Event or through cancellation of the Event, loss of airfares through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services, strikes, loss or damages to personal property, force majeure or any other reason.
Attendance at the Events
- The Purchaser may use the Tickets to attend the Events themselves or may transfer the Tickets to another person who will attend the Events (“Attendee”). Requests to transfer Tickets to another person and update the name of the Ticket holder must be made in writing to [email protected]. Any fees associated with the change will be advised to the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser agrees to be aware of and to make any person to whom they transfer the Tickets aware of the following terms and conditions that relate to attendance at the Events by the Attendee:
- The right of admission is reserved. Tickets must be presented to gain entry to the Events. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or televise the Events.
- Attendees consent to their image being captured by The Event Awards and its sponsors and partners in photographs and video of the events and that image, and any accompanying audio, being broadcast or transmitted in any way at the discretion of The Event Awards, its sponsors and/or partners.
- Persons attend the Events at their own risk. Attendees agree not to hold The Event Awards liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs, claims or liabilities suffered or incurred by ticket holders including consequential or indirect losses or loss of profit through booking for the Events, attending the Events, cancellation of the Events, failure of the Events to achieve expectations, or for any error or omission by The Event Awards. Attendees agree not to hold The Event Awards liable or responsible for any personal injury (i.e. physical, psychological or emotional stress) or any loss or damage to personal property.
Terms and Conditions for Entries
Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd, ABN 85 154 434 358 (Australian Event Awards), is the owner of the Australian Event Awards (The Event Awards).
The Management Company is The Epic Team Pty Limited. The Management Company manages all matters in relation to entrants, entries, payments and administration of The Event Awards on behalf of Australian Event Awards.
All enquiries in regards to entry related matters should be directed to The Epic Team at [email protected], or in writing addressed to The Epic Team, Suite 1A1, 410 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
- The Entrant has read and understood the Rules of The Event Awards and the Judging Process and agrees to be bound by those rules
- Entries will be put forward to the Independent Industry Judging Panel (IIJP) only if they are put forward prior to the Close Of Entries using the online portal made available by Australian Event Awards on its website and be entered in one of the categories. Late Entries may not be accepted
- Entries will be put forward to the IIJP only if payment of the entry fee is completed by the Close of Payments. Late payment(s) may not be accepted
- Entries will be put forward to the IIJP only if they meet the Eligibility Requirements set down for the Category of the entry
- Where an Entrant is an organisation, the person completing the entry must be an authorised representative of the organisation
- All information submitted as part of an Entry must be true, complete and correct as at the Close of Entries
- For Best Event categories: Events that are the subject of the entry must have taken place wholly within the eligibility period or, in the case that part of the event falls inside and part outside of the eligibility period dates, the entrant must contact The Management Company for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- For Achievement and Headline categories: Events referred to in the entry must have taken place wholly within the eligibility period or, in the case that part of the event falls inside and part outside of the eligibility period dates, the entrant must contact The Management Company for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to be included in the entry.
- All information submitted as part of an Entry must be included in the online entry using the Entry Portal. For the avoidance of doubt, content emailed or posted to the Management Company will not be included in your entry, unless previously agreed in writing by both parties, prior to the Close of Entries.
- Formatting of content is not accepted in the entry (for example bullet points, tables, fonts, etc)
- Hyperlinks are not permitted in an Entry and will be removed prior to the commencement of Judging.
- References to external material are not permitted in an Entry. Judges are instructed to ignore such material.
- Each category has individual Eligibility Requirements as well as Judging Criteria. Entrants are strongly urged to thoroughly familiarise themselves with these requirements and criteria before commencing their submission
- Australian Event Awards reserves the right to reject an entry without giving reasons or to terminate an entry at any time by refunding any payments made
- All credit card payments are made via eWay’s online internet payment gateway to Australian Event Awards. For payments made by credit card, Australian Event Awards will appear on your statement
- Once paid, entries are not refundable and are not transferable to any other person or organisation. Entrants found to be transferring an entry will be excluded from Judging with no refund
- Entry fees do not include insurance of any kind
- By uploading material (including images, photographs and/or video) to the Entry Portal or providing it as supporting information, you grant Australian Event Awards an irrevocable, permanent right to use this material in any way to promote the entry, The Event Awards or other events industry activities, including providing this material to third parties
- By uploading material (including images, photographs and/or video) to the Entry Portal or providing it as supporting information, you warrant that you either own the material or have acquired sufficient rights to grant the rights detailed in point 2.18 above and you agree to indemnify the Management Company and Australian Event Awards against any loss or damages caused by your breach of this warranty
- Entries are treated with the strictest confidence. No written content from an entry will be released unless the entry becomes a State Finalist or National Finalist
- Media releases will be distributed to all media. Media may request interviews and photographs of National Finalists or State Finalists and their business or products
- Unless the Entrant notifies The Event Awards in writing, the Entrant agrees that The Event Awards may provide their contact details to sponsors and partners of The Event Awards and/or the Entrant’s respective State Government
- The decision made by the IIJP is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Cancellations of Ticket purchases received more than 30 days prior to the Events to which the purchase relates will incur a $100 administration fee (excluding Launch Tickets and Special Offer Tickets). Cancellations of Ticket purchases received less than 30 days prior to the Events to which the purchase relates will not be eligible for a refund.
- Tickets to the Launch of the Australian Event Awards and Australian Event Symposium are non-refundable, regardless of the cancellation date.
- Special Offer Tickets to the Australian Event Symposium are non-refundable, regardless of the cancellation date.
- Once paid, entries are not refundable and are not transferable to any other person or organisation. Entrants found to be transferring an entry will be excluded from Judging with no refund.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to cancel any Ticket or Entry by refunding fees paid in respect of the cancelled Ticket or Entry in full. In the instance of any such cancellation, the liability of The Event Awards in respect to the cancellation will be limited to the value of the cancelled Ticket or Entry.
- Changes or Cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected].
- Refunds (less applicable administration and cancellation fees) will be processed within 30 days of the conclusion of the Event. Any refunds owing will be made to the credit card or bank account used to pay for the Ticket and/or Package.