The State or Territory Award
This Award recognises and celebrates the State or Territory where the largest number of high quality events have occurred.
Eligibility Period 2023
July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023
Eligibility Criteria 2023
- This category is not open to direct entries. There are no entrants in this category.
- National Events (those staged in four or more states or territories) are excluded from this category.
- Every entry that is not a National Event in the Best Event categories contributes points towards the state(s) or territory(ies) in which the event was held.
- To be considered, each State and Territory must meet the minimum score of 7 points and have at least two National Nominee events in their State or Territory, one of which must be a National Winner.
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2023
- This award is not judged by the Independent Industry Judging Panel.
- This award is awarded to the State or Territory which earns the largest number of points per head of population.
- Each eligible entry submitted in the Best Event Award categories earns one point for the State or Territory in which their event was held. Each National Nominee Entry earns an additional point (total: 2 points) and each National Winner earns an additional point (total: 3 points).
- The State or Territory with the largest number of points per head of population will be awarded the ‘State or Territory Award’ provided that it has a minimum of 7 points and it hosted at least two National Nominees in the Best Event Award categories, one of which must be a National Winner.
Who Should Enter This Category
- Every eligible entry in the Australian Event Awards will earn points towards their state or territory.
Access Entry Portal