Terms & Conditions
Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd ABN 85 154 434 358 (“The Event Awards”) is the owner of the Australian Event Awards, the Australian Event Awards Ceremony and the Australian Event Symposium.
The Event Awards offers the following products for sale:
- Tickets or Registrations ("Tickets") which grant access to various educational and/or entertainment events ("Events") by The Event Awards to any purchaser ("Purchaser") in exchange for a fee ("Ticket Fee").
- Entry into the Australian Event Awards ("Entries") in exchange for a fee ("Entry Fee")
The Terms and Conditions that govern the sale of Tickets and Entries are as follows:
General Conditions, Jurisdiction and Changes to the Conditions
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions for the Purchase of Tickets
Purchasing a Ticket
- Tickets must be purchased online at www.eventawards.com.au. All fees and charges are displayed on this website.
- Purchasers may indicate an intention to purchase Tickets by creating an online Booking. Invoices for Bookings can be issued for subsequent payment but Tickets are not reserved and will not be issued until payment has been made in full.
- To be eligible for any early bird discount, tickets must be paid for in full on or before the advertised Early Bird Date. Bookings that are not paid in full by this date will be converted to the standard rate and the standard rate shown on the invoice will be owing.
- All payments should be made to 'Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd'. For payments made by credit card, 'Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd' will appear on the credit card statement.
- Tickets will be issued by mail to the mailing address or by email to the email address provided.
- Generally, lost or stolen Tickets cannot be replaced.
- Tickets do not include insurance of any kind.
- Unless the Purchaser notifies The Event Awards in writing, the Purchaser agrees that The Event Awards may provide their contact details to sponsors and partners of The Event Awards and/or the Purchaser's respective State Government
Change or Cancellation by The Event Awards
- The Event Awards reserves the right to cancel a Ticket without giving reasons at any time by refunding the full Ticket Fee.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute presenters or artists and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of The Event Awards to alter the times, dates, itineraries or speakers of the Events by notice to the Purchaser at any time. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Events, the maximum liability of The Event Awards is limited to a refund of the Ticket Fee with no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other costs or expenses whatsoever.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation or postponement of the Events due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The Event Awards including but not limited to, acts of terrorism, war, acts of God and natural disaster, The Event Awards cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expense which may be incurred as a consequence of the event being postponed or cancelled.
- It is strongly recommended that Purchasers take out insurance at the time of purchase to include any eventuality including but not limited to loss of fees through cancellation of the ticket holder's participation in the Event or through cancellation of the Event, loss of airfares through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services, strikes, loss or damages to personal property, force majeure or any other reason.
Attendance at the Events
- The Purchaser may use the Tickets to attend the Events themselves or may transfer the Tickets to another person who will attend the Events. Requests to transfer Tickets to another person and update the name of the Ticket holder need to be made in writing to [email protected]
- The Purchaser agrees to be aware of and to make any person to whom they
transfer the Tickets aware of the following terms and conditions that relate to
attendance at the Events by the Attendee:
- The right of admission is reserved. Tickets must be presented to gain entry to the Events. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or televise the Events.
- Attendees consent to their image being captured in photographs and video of the events and that image, and any accompanying audio, being broadcast or transmitted in any way at the discretion of The Event Awards.
- Persons attend the Events at their own risk. Attendees agree not to hold The Event Awards liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs, claims or liabilities suffered or incurred by ticket holders including consequential or indirect losses or loss of profit through booking for the Events, attending the Events, cancellation of the Events, failure of the Events to achieve expectations, or for any error or omission by The Event Awards. Attendees agree not to hold The Event Awards liable or responsible for any personal injury (i.e. physical, psychological or emotional stress) or any loss or damage to personal property.
Terms and Conditions for Entries
Australian Event Awards Pty Ltd, ABN 85 154 434 358 (Australian Event
Awards), is the owner of the Australian Event Awards (The Event Awards).
The Management Company is The Epic Team Pty Limited. The Management Company manages all matters in relation to entrants, entries, payments and administration of The Event Awards on behalf of Australian Event Awards.
All enquiries in regards to entry related matters should be directed to The Epic Team at [email protected], or in writing addressed to The Epic Team, Suite 1A1, 410 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
- The Entrant has read and understood the General Rules of The Event Awards and the Judging Process and agrees to be bound by those rules
- Entries will be put forward to the Independent Industry Judging Panel (IIJP) only if they are put forward prior to the Close Of Entries using the online portal made available by Australian Event Awards on its website and be entered in one of the categories. Late Entries may not be accepted
- Entries will be put forward to the IIJP only if payment of the entry fee is completed by the Close of Payments. Late payment(s) may not be accepted
- Entries will be put forward to the IIJP only if they meet the Eligibility Requirements set down for the Category of the entry
- Where an Entrant is an organisation, the person completing the entry must be an authorised representative of the organisation
- All information submitted as part of an Entry must be true, complete and correct as at the Close of Entries
- Each category has individual Eligibility Requirements as well as Judging Criteria. Entrants are strongly urged to thoroughly familiarise themselves with these requirements and criteria before commencing their submission
- Australian Event Awards reserves the right to reject an entry without giving reasons or to terminate an entry at any time by refunding any payments made
- All credit card payments are made via eWay's online internet payment gateway to Australian Event Awards. For payments made by credit card, Australian Event Awards will appear on your statement
- Once paid, entries are not refundable and are not transferable to any other person or organisation. Entrants found to be transferring an entry will be excluded from Judging with no refund
- Entry fees do not include insurance of any kind
- By uploading material (including images, photographs and/or video) to the Entry Portal or providing it as supporting information, you grant Australian Event Awards an irrevocable, permanent right to use this material in any way to promote the entry, The Event Awards or other events industry activities, including providing this material to third parties
- By uploading material (including images, photographs and/or video) to the Entry Portal or providing it as supporting information, you warrant that you either own the material or have acquired sufficient rights to grant the rights detailed in point 12 above and you agree to indemnify the Management Company and Australian Event Awards against any loss or damages caused by your breach of this warranty
- Entries are treated with the strictest confidence. No written content from an entry will be released unless the entry becomes a State Finalist or National Finalist
- Media releases will be distributed to all media. Media may request interviews and photographs of National Finalists or State Finalist and their business or products
- Unless the Entrant notifies The Event Awards in writing, the Entrant agrees that The Event Awards may provide their contact details to sponsors and partners of The Event Awards and/or the Entrant's respective State Government
- The decision made by the IIJP is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Cancellations of Ticket purchases received more than 30 days prior to the Events to which the purchase relates will incur a $100 administration fee (excluding Launch Tickets and Special Offer Tickets). Cancellations of Ticket purchases received less than 30 days prior to the Events to which the purchase relates will not be eligible for a refund.
- Tickets to the Launch of the Australian Event Awards and Australian Event Symposium are non-refundable, regardless of the cancellation date.
- Special Offer Tickets to the Australian Event Symposium are non-refundable, regardless of the cancellation date.
- Once paid, entries are not refundable and are not transferable to any other person or organisation. Entrants found to be transferring an entry will be excluded from Judging with no refund.
- The Event Awards reserves the right to cancel any Ticket or Entry by refunding fees paid in respect of the cancelled Ticket or Entry in full. In the instance of any such cancellation, The liability of The Event Awards in respect to the cancellation will be limited to the value of the cancelled Ticket or Entry.
- Changes or Cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected].
- Refunds (less applicable administration fees) will be processed within 30 days of the conclusion of the Event. Any refunds owing will be made to the credit card or bank account used to pay for the Ticket.
- Accommodation bookings can be made at the time of purchasing Tickets.
- Only registrants who register for the Australian Event Symposium or book tickets to the Australian Event Awards Ceremony can book accommodation through The Event Awards. The below terms and conditions relate specifically to your accommodation booking.
- All accommodation bookings, credit card guarantees and pre-payments for accommodation are taken by The Event Awards on behalf of the accommodation provider selected by the registrant.
- The hotel may charge one night's deposit within 30 days prior to your arrival to your credit card.
- Hotels will charge a surcharge / transaction fee between 1.5% and 3.5% for all credit card transactions.
- Except where specifically varied in these terms and conditions, the contract for the provision of the accommodation is between the registrant and the selected accommodation provider under the terms and conditions for the relevant hotel.
- Registrants are strongly advised to read the terms and conditions published by the accommodation provider before confirming their booking.
Cancellation of Accommodation Bookings
The following cancellation conditions apply specifically to the Australian Event Symposium 2017 and the Australian Event Awards Ceremony 2017 and prevail over the accommodation provider's published terms and conditions.
Reduction of room nights is considered a cancellation at all hotels.
Oaks Oasis Resort: Cancellations made between Friday 25 August 2017 and Friday 1 September 2017 will incur a cancellation fee equal to one night's accommodation. Cancellations made on or after Saturday 2 September 2017, including no-shows will incur a cancellation fee equal to the full stay.
BreakFree Grand Pacific: Cancellations made on or after Saturday 2 September 2017, including no-shows will incur a cancellation fee equal to the full stay.
Rumba Beach Resort: Cancellations made on or after Saturday 2 September 2017, including no-shows will incur a cancellation fee equal to one night's accommodation.
- In order to guarantee your booking, your credit card must be valid up until the date of check-out. Credit card details collected will be provided only to the accommodation provider.
- On check-in you will be required to provide a credit card pre-authorisation to cover any incidentals during your stay.
- On check-out you will be responsible for payment of all nights accommodation and any incidentals incurred.
- Registrants who wish to prepay for their accommodation booking can elect the prepay option when booking.
- All payments for requested prepaid accommodation must be received by The Event Awards no later than Wednesday 23 August 2017. Any accommodation bookings not paid by this date will be released and the booking cancelled.
- Accommodation prepayment can be made by EFT, Cheque or Credit Card.
- On check-in you will be required to provide a credit card pre-authorisation to cover any incidentals during your stay.
- On check-out you will be responsible for payment of any incidentals incurred.
- Cancellation of prepaid accommodation is subject to the cancellation conditions listed in the Cancellation of Accommodation Bookings section above. If a refund of the balance is due, an administration fee of $100 is payable per accommodation booking cancelled.
- Refunds of prepaid accommodation (less applicable administration fees) will be processed within 30 days of the conclusion of the Australian Event Symposium 2017.
Early / Late Arrivals:
If you are arriving early morning and require an early check-in, you are required to purchase the night prior to guarantee an early check-in. Please note your anticipated arrival time in the special requirements section at time of booking accommodation.
If you will be arriving after 6pm, please note your anticipated arrival time in the special requirements section at time of booking accommodation.
Failure to advise of late arrival may result in your room being released.
Change of Bookings:
Any changes to bookings, including cancellation requests must be forwarded in writing to [email protected]
Non arrival at the hotel (no shows) will be considered a cancellation.