Best Regional Event
Recognising an event that makes a special contribution to a region or community outside of a major population centre.
Eligibility Period 2020
July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
Eligibility Criteria 2020
- The event that is the subject of the entry must have taken place wholly between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020 or, in the case that part of the event falls inside and part outside of these dates, the entrant must contact The Event Awards for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- The event that is the subject of the entry must have taken place in Australia and the majority of the event must have taken place in a local government area (or areas) that fall outside of the Urban Capital City (UCC) or Urban Metropolitan Developed (UDS, UDM, UDL or UDV) classifications as defined by the Australian Classification of Local Governments. To determine whether your event is eligible, please refer to the list of excluded LGAs at www.eventawards.com.au/excluded-lgas
- For the 2020 Awards, online adaptations of events that are eligible under clause 1, are also eligible.
- The event must have been principally organised by people who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- The entrant must be either:
- The owner of the event or events to which the entry relates;
- A product or service provider to the event or events to which the entry relates with the express permission of the event owner to nominate the event for an Australian Event Award
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2020
- Quality of the Event (60%)
- Management Processes (20%)
- Degree of Difficulty (10%)
- Evidence to Support Claims (10%)
Start your Entry