Best New Product
Recognising the introduction of an innovative new physical product, service or technology, or one that has been substantially improved, that is used at an event or events.
Eligibility Period 2018
July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
Eligibility Criteria 2018
- The product, service or technology that is the subject of the entry must have been used at or in relation to the delivery of a specific event or events.
- All events referred to in the entry must have taken place wholly between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018 or, in the case that part of the event(s) falls inside and part outside of these dates, the entrant must contact The Event Awards for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- The product, service or technology referred to in the entry must have been principally conceived, developed and delivered by people who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- The product, service or technology referred to in the entry must either:
- not have previously been available in the marketplace;
- must have been substantially improved during the eligibility period and made available to the marketplace
- The entrant must be the owner of the product, service or technology to which the entry relates.
- The entrant must have the permission of the event owner(s) to mention an event or events in the entry.
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2018
- Degree to which the product, service or technology enhances the event or events at which it is used (35%)
- Degree to which the product, service or technology is new or substantially improved, and innovative (20%)
- Degree of difficulty of developing and delivering the product, service or technology to the marketplace with regard to its challenges and complexity (20%)
- Degree to which claims made in the entry are supported with evidence such as reasons for the claim, statistics, independent commentary or stakeholder feedback (10%)
- Degree to which the product, service or technology contributes to the Australian events industry (10%)
- Degree to which the product, service or technology is sustainable (5%)