Best Achievement in Entertainment
Recognising an outstanding achievement in entertainment at an event or events.
Eligibility Period 2019
July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The achievement that is the subject of the entry must relate to work performed at or in relation to the delivery of a specific event or events.
- All events referred to in the entry must have taken place wholly between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 or, in the case that part of the event(s) falls inside and part outside of these dates, the entrant must contact The Event Awards for a ruling from the Judging Panel on whether they are eligible to enter in a particular year.
- The achievement referred to in the entry must have been principally conceived, developed and delivered by people who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- The entrant must be either:
- The owner of the event or events to which the entry relates; OR
- A product or service provider to the event or events to which the entry relates with the express permission of the event owner to nominate the achievement for an Australian Event Award
Each Category has a dedicated entry form with questions framed around the Judging Criteria. These are available in the Entry Portal during the Entry Period for each year.
Judging Criteria 2019
- Degree to which the achievement enhances the event or events at which it appeared (35%)
- Degree to which the achievement is innovative (20%)
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement with regard to its challenges and complexity (20%)
- Degree to which the achievement contributes to the Australian event industry (10%)
- Degree to which claims made in the entry are supported with evidence such as reasons for the claim, statistics, independent commentary or stakeholder feedback (10%)
- Degree to which the achievement reflects a commitment to sustainability (5%)
Start your Entry